Affirmative Action in our District
Affirmative action, as described by The American Heritage Dictionary, is a policy or a program that seeks to redress past discrimination through active measures to ensure equal opportunity, as in education and employment. Our district is committed to maintaining a diverse environment and has adopted an affirmative action policy designed to meet the rights granted to all persons under the law.
As the Affirmative Action Officer, my responsibilities include
- Promoting a work and learning environment free of harassment and discrimination
- Overseeing compliance with and implementation of the district affirmative action and equity plans, and Title IX
- Reviewing the hiring process
- Overseeing/conducting training
- Receiving and processing affirmative action complaints.
Affirmative Action Officer
Englewood Public Schools
325 Tenafly Road, Englewood NJ 07631